Family Dentist Wayland MA
Going to a family dentist in Wayland, MA regularly is important if you want your family to have good oral health and hygiene. A qualified family dentist in Wayland, MA will not only address your family’s dental issues but also educate you on proper dental cosmetic and dental hygiene.
However, you may have some questions about searching for a family dentist in Wayland, MA, such as where or how can you find a family dentist in Wayland, MA? How different is a family dentist in Wayland, MA from a general dentist in Wayland, MA? Don’t fret. Your questions will be answered soon.
The Difference Between a General Dentist and a Family Dentist in Wayland, MA
Both a general dentist and family dentist in Wayland, MA had an extensive education. Aspiring dentists will take more than seven years, namely, a minimum of three years of undergraduate education and four years at a dental school. General dentists offer dental plans such as routine cleanings and tooth extraction. They may also have training in specialized areas, including but not limited to orthodontics and cosmetic dentistry.
Similar to a general dentist, a family dentist in Wayland, MA has had a comprehensive education. In fact, a general dentist and a family dentist in Wayland, MA may offer the same services. However, some general dentists restrict their service to patients within a certain age group, while a family dentist in Wayland, MA provides dental care help to children and adults. You can also count on a family dentist in Wayland, MA if you want to learn more about age-related dental care practices. Family dentists in Wayland often talk to parents about teeth brushing techniques for toddlers and take the time to teach their elderly clients how to clean dentures properly.
Common Services Offered by a Family Dentist in Wayland, MA
Your dental needs change as you get older, and a qualified family dentist in Wayland, MA can competently handle those changes. A family dentist in Wayland, MA may offer:
- Regular cleanings
- Fluoride treatments
- Cavity identification and filling
- Gum disease treatments
- Root canals
- Tooth extraction
- Root canals
Your Child’s Dental Needs – Family Dentist Wayland MA
Did you know the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry (AAPD) recommends you take your child to his or her first dental checkup as soon as the first tooth appears? A good family dentist in Wayland, MA understands how terrifying dental exams may be for toddlers and children. Make it your top priority to find a family dentist in Wayland, MA that can make each visit enjoyable. This helps make your children look forward to their next appointment with a family dentist in Wayland, MA and develop good dental habits for life.
If your child needs special oral care, a family dentist in Wayland, MA can also recommend dentists in the area. Although a family dentist in Wayland, MA may perform dental surgeries for children, some dental needs require a dentist’s expertise, who had additional two to three years of training.
Finding a Family Dentist in Wayland, MA – Family Dentist Wayland MA
Here are some things you should do when looking for a family dentist in Wayland, MA:
- Consider your family’s needs. Does one family member need braces while another needs treatment for cavities? Choose a family dentist in Wayland, MA that can provide both so that you can make appointments on the same day.
- See if the family dentist in Wayland, MA you’re planning to visit is part of the American Dental Association (ADA) or similar associations. Members of well-known organizations follow a set of principles and code of ethics.
- Check if the family dentist in Wayland, MA accepts your insurance plan. Your insurance carrier should be able to provide a list of dental clinics in their network.
If you’ve found a family dentist in Wayland, MA that meets all of these, then you don’t have to search anywhere else. Visit a family dentist in Wayland, MA today and learn more about emergency treatments and preventive care for your loved ones. If you have any more questions about finding the right pediatric dentist in Wayland, MA then please read the following article: http://www.sheknows.com/parenting/articles/823791/a-checklist-for-choosing-a-pediatric-dentist
Weston Pediatric Dental: Your Family’s Dentist Wayland MA
Dental health is important for people of all ages but children, in particular, should be taught correct oral hygiene practices. If not treated with the proper dental care, children may face oral decay and disease that can cause a lifetime of pain and complications. Help your kids keep their teeth clean and healthy by paying a visit to Weston Dental. We specialize in dentistry and orthodontic treatment for any member of the community.
Dentistry: Healthy Teeth, Happy Children – Family Dentist Wayland MA
At Weston Pediatric Dental, we are dedicated to maintaining and improving the dental health of children, from infancy throughout adolescence. Through our various dentistry services, we can instill good oral health habits in children. Our dentists are primary and specialty oral care providers who are also experienced with treating children with special needs.
We answer all questions and address any concerns parents may have about their child’s treatments. Our dentists are well-versed in managing a child’s fears and worries. For cases where children have anxieties or are in need of extensive dental treatments, kids can be given general anesthesia while the dentists perform procedures. When your children are our patients, we’ll make sure that their first visit will be a positive and fun experience for all dental needs.
- First Visit: For your child’s first visit, we will conduct a thorough oral examination. Depending on your child’s age, we may also perform teeth cleaning, administer fluoride treatment, and take digital x-rays. Teeth cleaning will be done by removing plaque and tartar from tooth surfaces and along the gum line, followed by flossing and polishing the teeth. Preventive treatments may also be recommended.
- Preventive Care: Preventing dental problems is better than treating them after they occur. We offer a variety of treatments that will keep your children’s teeth and gums healthy and disease-free. Preventive care treatments include fluoride, dental sealants, guidance of erupting teeth, instructions on proper brushing and flossing, and counseling on proper nutrition and dietary habits.
- X-Rays: These diagnostic tools help us view different areas of the mouth and assess a child’s overall dental health. We will recommend taking X-rays once a child is four years old. Parents should be assured that we take all the necessary precautions to minimize the children’s exposure to radiation.
- Emergency Treatment: When your child has a chipped tooth or an unbearable toothache, you can come to us for emergency treatment. No matter the nature of the dental emergency, we can treat it immediately and efficiently.
Orthodontic Treatment: For a Better Smile – Family Dentist Wayland MA
Make improvements to your smile through our orthodontic plans. We specialize in the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of misaligned bites and jaw, as well as tooth growth discrepancies. If you’re hoping to have your teeth aligned properly or spaced more appropriately, we have you covered. Call our phone number to schedule your orthopedic appointment today!
- Early Treatment: Teeth growth discrepancies are best addressed at an early age. By age seven, your child’s adult teeth will start to erupt. Once this happens, we will have to monitor the teeth closely to see if there are any treatments needed. Some treatments may include widening the palate or discouraging/promoting jaw growth. Treating the problems early on will help the child avoid more extensive or invasive dental surgeries in the future.
- Adult Treatments: There’s no age limit when it comes to improving smiles. Adults can also come to us for orthodontic services. We will determine the best treatment course by performing an orthodontic evaluation. You may then choose from a variety of treatment options like Invisalign ®, ceramic brackets, and more.
- Braces and Appliances: We offer a vast selection of braces and appliances that can correct teeth growth discrepancies. The types of braces we offer include Invisalign ®, SureSmile ®, metal braces, and ceramic braces. We can also provide you with retainers, palate expanders, separators, and elastics.
Trust Weston Pediatric Dental With Your Family’s Dental Health Needs
When it comes to family oral health care, no one is better than Weston Dental. We deliver the highest standard of dental and orthodontic care. You can schedule an appointment with us by calling our phone number 781-893-3003 or by filling out the form on our website. Get in touch with us today by phone or form, and leave your dental worries to the professionals!